Sunday, October 25, 2009

Updating My Life

That's what I feel like I'm doing today, so that's my title!

Here is what's going on with me and mine ---

1) I took my computer into the "geek squad" and they told me that my backlight is definitely out on my laptop. All I have to do is backup all my stuff on an external hard drive (which I don't have) bring it in and they will send it in to Dell who will charge me a small fee of $300 to $400 to fix my backlight! HELLO!! Oh and btw, I would need to buy a external hard drive and they would be happy to download it all for me...that will only cost me $100 and the hard drive thingy will be about $70 to $100 depending on the size! HELLO..that's $500 to $600 to fix a 2 1/2 year old computer...If I had that kind of money laying around I could go buy myself a brand new laptop with a bigger hard drive! Instead I had dh hook my laptop up to his monitor (who knew you could do that?? Not me!) Only problem is -- his monitor is big and heavy and in the bedroom/office...not the living room where That Other Kid lives and breathes....this limits my time on the computer, which I'm not liking one little bit, but at least I can use my computer again!! YEAH!!

2) We are preparing to move out of this house (the one we have lived in since 1 month before That Other Kid was born) and into a smaller place. The main problem with this move is that we have TONS of stuff that we need to get rid of to make room for "what we have to have"! Did you know that most Americans have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF?? I am definitely included in this group of people. I went and looked at a storage unit facility today to figure out how big of a space we will need to rent to store all out "extra stuff" -- you know the sentimental stuff that I'm not parting with under any circumstance?? While I was there I saw some people and they had two 20' x 20' storage units and for the most part they were FULL! That's a lot of "extra" stuff! It made me think...do we really need this much "stuff"? As Americans we waste an amazing amount and we also tend to accumulate an amazing amount of "things" that we either don't need or don't really have a reason for. We just get them because we CAN!

Deep stuff for "just a move", right??!!

3) Yesterday I spent the day cleaning and preparing for our landlords to come over to show the house to a potential renter they have for after we move out next month. Now granted I'm not the best housekeeper in the universe, but I'm not the worse either. I would say I'm somewhere in the middle. On the surface, things are pretty clean, but when you get right down to it I should spend more time doing some "deep cleaning" more often than "when someone 'important' is coming over. Anyway, I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the tile floor when That Kid came home from working a game and he sees me and says, "Why are you cleaning the floor?" It made me think do I clean so infrequently that he thinks there is something going on before I will clean the floor? Apparently so! It's made me think ever since...that maybe I should spend more time cleaning!

4) I have been working out most every night for 40 minutes with my WiiFit! I am absolutely in 'luv' with my WiiFit! It's so much fun and before I know it I have been exercising for 40 minutes! I have been trying out new exercises and perfecting some that I had only tried a time or two previously. Go me!!

5) This past Tuesday I went shopping with a friend and tried on a pair of size 14 jeans with elastic waist. I didn't buy them cuz I didn't want to spend $20 for a pair of pants I wasn't crazy about. BUT...I have 2 pair of size 14 jeans sitting in my closet, THAT DON'T have elastic waistbands. TODAY I am wearing 1 of them!!! YEAH!! They are tight, I had to squish my flabby tummy into them, but I AM WEARING THEM!! and I can breathe in them....I can hardly believe that I am finally losing enough weight to be in "regular" size clothes again! This just motivates me even more to watch what I am eating and to make sure I exercise every night. I know that while I am busy preparing for this move it will be hard to stay consistent but being able to squeeze into these 14's is a great motivator!!

6) I guess that's really all I have...just wanted to fill you in on the happenings of my life! Thanks for playing along! You know it's always an adventure here!

No comments: