Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bad Night

Yesterday started out as a typical (for now) Friday. Got up at 5:30 a.m. fixed dh breakfast, cleaned up a bit, took dh to the office he's working at, stopped at dry cleaners, came home, fell back to sleep with That Other Kid for about a hour and a half. When we got up about 9 a.m. I did my usual stuff. You know, check emails, check bank account, check favorite blogs and websites, showered and ate breakfast. I also started laundry, and all those exciting types of things.

We had a scheduled field trip at a nearby Nature Preserve where That other Kid learned all kinds of interesting facts about insects. They even took a short hike to look and try to catch insects. He actually caught a grasshopper, but before I could get the camera ready the grasshopper escaped from the net...bummer!

After leaving the Nature Preserve we ran to the grocery store for a quick, "we gotta have these things" run. Those trips are always fun with a 5 1/2 year old, don't you think?! Immediately after dropping the groceries off, we went to HOCKEY PRACTICE!! Going to hockey practice was the highlight of the day for That Other Kid, since he hasn't been on the ice in about a month! He could hardly wait to leave for practice! That Kid is home from college this week because of "fall break" (yeah for fall break!!) so he tagged along to watch practice. After practice we went and picked dh up from the office and went home.

I got That Other Kid ready for bed and was ready to CRASH and CRASH hard. I got dh situated for bed (he goes to bed really early now that he gets up at 5 a.m.) and I went to the living room to exercise. Here comes the really BAD part!!

By this time it is 10:30p.m. and I just didn't have it in me to exercise and I was HUNGRY!! Can you guess what happened here?? Oh come on...take a wild guess...I know you want to....

Any guesses??

Ok, I'll just tell you...I SAT ON THE COUCH AND ATE HALF A BAG OF CHIPS AND VEGGED OUT WITH MY COMPUTER till 11:45 p.m.!! Yes, that's right instead of going to bed at 10:30 like I could have (and should have) I sat in the dark living room by myself and ATE a BIG BAG OF CHIPS for an HOUR!!

Ok...so now that's over...You are supposed to confess your sins, right??!! So I've done that and today is a new day. I'm going to make the most of it...I have a big pile of laundry to fold and put away and I need to run to Wally world to pick up some toiletry items. I also need to load the dishwasher and start going through some of our stuff to try to sell in our garage sale that I'm going to have in a couple of weeks. No time to waste and certainly no time to sit around here feeling like a failure for last night -- not that I ever would do a goofy thing like that, ya know?

Hope ya'll have a good weekend!!!!

No comments: