Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Dog Tail

Here are a couple of shots of out completely tolerant dog, Rex. Read on for more of the story. (Oh, and ignore the "junk" in the shot with him, he wasn't really in the mood for a formal pose in a perfect location.)

Beth Moore and her daughter Amanda write one of the best blogs I read on a regular basis. Check them out http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/

and you will be blessed, for sure! The entry there today was about dogs and their antics. I thought to myself, Gosh, it's too bad I don't have anything clever to write about our dog, Rex or "poopfin" in the words of That Other Kid and lo and behold he did something worth writin' about, at least it will get a laugh.

He is a Sheltie and sometimes that tail just gets in the way of his bodily functions, if you get my drift. Today was one of those days. We kept smelling something strange whenever the dog came near us. We thought, maybe he has gas -- out he goes. A few minutes later he come back in, we still smell it. Oh well, he just needs a bath.

A little later, we see a smear of, how shall we say it, residue, on the carpet, exactly where he had just laid down. Then a few minutes later another smear. Ok, lets take a looksee ''Oh yes, there is a BIG Smear of Residue"! The dog goes out and I get the distinct pleasure of hosing the dog down. Now if you knew me very well you would know that this dog was not my idea--I'm not a dog person. I am much more of a cat person, so this was not my idea of a fun activity and there was always the thought "what if he decides to take a hunk out of my hand or steps on my "still bruised, and broken toe". But alas, he is the best dog, ever and he just stood there and let me clean his b*tt with a cold hose. He was happy to be done with this little "torture" and I gave him extra treats.
Hope to read some more great dog stories, soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a Rex......he was a mix and very sweet but not nearly as well behaved!! You've been tagged!