Sunday, August 26, 2007

Where Are the Brain Cells

That Kid, being a typical teenage boy, decided he wanted a girl friend. It was oh soooo important to have a "girl" to call his own. So about 6 months he started dating a girl. I had my doubts in the beginning, she called at all hours of the day and night - homeschooling allowed a lot of opportunities for phone calls and instant messaging when a typical teen might not be able to socialize.(I thought homeschoolers were supposed to be anti-social:) ). Their relationship grew, as well as my discomfort level of said relationship. Lies started, missed curfews became the norm, general discourse among the normally compliant teenage boy.
After a couple of months of dating, he discovers some BIG issues with her that had yet to be finalized and solved. He decided to stay with her, and just accept these ISSUES and work around them.
Things have continued to follow the same lines of discourse and now they have been together for 6 months. I am about to ground him AGAIN for lying and basic disobedience. I normally ground for 2 weeks...I think I'm going for 2 months or more this time.
Soooooo again I ask what happened to my generally agreeable teenage son's BRAIN CELLS????????????????
Advice appreciated....

1 comment:

Karen Hossink said...

My kids aren't teens yet, but I remember the stupid things I did as a teen. Lying being one of the biggies...
I'm so thankful for the grace of God. He had His eyes on me and brought me through.
Sorry, no advice. Just prayers.