Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lazy Summer Days

The past week has been very laid back around our house, since I couldn't really do much we laid around and watched a lot of tv and played a lot of computer games. I don't like to do this, but sometimes it's necessary (like when momma has a broken toe). I finally got out of the house yesterday and bought groceries -- ooooh the excitement. I had That Kid go with me to drive and walk around and gather groceries so I didn't have to walk so much. There are definite advantages to having a big, strapping teenage boy in your house :)) He only put a few extras in the cart -- so I got by pretty easy.
Daddy was home so That Other Kid stayed home and played computer games the whole time we were gone, which was a real bonus. I had some one on one time with That Kid and we didn't have to deal with "I want to go home, I'm tired, I need to go potty, I want...." you get the idea.

My toe is starting to not throb so I'm going to start getting some things prepared for school. Some of That Kids classes start on the 27th and then we will go full force the Tuesday after Labor Day. He'll be a junior this year so we have a lot of serious school to accomplish this year. Chemistry and whatever math we end up with will probably be his biggest challenges. I know they will be mine -- although, they will be the two classes that I won't teach -- I will have to ensure he gets them done. Keeping That Other Kid occupied so he can work will probably be my biggest challenge of the school year.
Well off to try to rest from my exciting weekend -- not! I need a pain pill, cuz I've walked around too much yesterday and today.....
Thanks for reading................

No comments: