Thursday, August 23, 2007

Preparations for Junior Year

We will be starting school over the next couple of weeks, in stages. This will be That Kid's junior year of high school. It has been a long, interesting journey homeschooling him and I would be lying if I said it was always fun. There have been times when he didn't want to do school and I didn't either. He has to work HARD to get the kind of grades we expect out of him and he doesn't always perform under pressure. He has struggled with math throughout his school career, but we have finally gotten help (in the form of a tutor and a class w/a professional teacher, who happens to have a Ph.D in engineering. It should finally be a sucessful year for math....it's about time, dontcha think? Some people might wonder, why didn't you get help sooner? I wanted him to want it as bad as I did! You see with That Kid, when it comes to school, he needs to have a real reason to do it, i.e. ACT's, and SAT's so that he can get into a good college. That is his motivation for the next 2 years. He'll make it. I have faith and confidence in God that He will fulfill His promise, "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength". I claim this for That Kid this year, as this year will really be a big CHALLENGE.
Prayers will be appreciated as always.
Nighty, night......

No comments: