Sunday, September 30, 2007

Praise God for Legos

We spent MILLIONS of dollars on Legos kits when That Kid was a little boy and we saved them ALL so that he could have something of value when he grew up and eventually had kids. (i'm not in a hurry for this, mind you)....He had them stored in a see-thru rubber maid container in his room (mistake number 1- let little brother hang out in big brother's room)...well, That Other Kid was hanging out with him in his bedroom and lo and behold, "what's in that bucket," "oh, they're all my old Legos", "can I play with them", "sure, why not".....well we tried it and we had Legos EVERYWHERE...fast forward a few weeks he finds a couple of Lego pieces while looking for another toy, "hey, I wanna play with That Kids, Legos", "no," I say....I don't want another mess to clean...Dad steps in and says,"You can't scatter the Legos and you have to quit when mommy says it's time to quit playing", "ok, I promise". He does a good job and gives me an HOUR of peace and quiet to rest, last night. Fast forward to this morning...he starts playing with Legos at 8 a.m. and is STILL playing with them at 12:30 p.m. Now if I will just utilize this time for something productive instead of sleep, all will be good!

Please keep my mother and father-in-law in your prayers over the next couple of weeks, as they leave Tuesday for a cruise to Hawaii...ah, the joys of being retired!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are so lucky! I love those rare times when they actually entertain themselves.