Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday



Tiny Talk Tuesday celebrates our children and their view of the world. They continually make us laugh and by recording their Tiny Talk we can focus on one of the many JOYS of parenting!

If your kiddos made you laugh this week (don't they always), then feel free to share the humor!

Check out more Tiny Talks with Mary.


Tiny Tots Tuesday always gives me a chance to reflect on what my son said or did this week and this has been an interesting one.

That Other Kid has always been a "momma's boy" and I've loved most every minute:) of it. Since my surgery this past Thursday we have had to change many things about our routine. No hugging, no kissing, and no rough play. This has been an adjustment I was a little leary about, but he has adapted.

He comes in now and hugs my legs, kisses my arms -- over and over again! Like in the romantic movies only with giggles and laughter of
a 4 year old little boy!!

Before this week he would wake up and tell me it's time to get up...and if I didn't want to get up yet, I was ask him to get in bed with me for extra snuggle time for him and extra sleep time for me. Sometimes it worked and I would get another half hour of sleep, sometimes I wouldn't get any more sleep, just aggravation from a wiggling little boy:((

This morning he decided he wanted to get in bed with me and dh, but he wanted to get in the "CORNER" (code - midde). I asked him why he wanted in the "corner" and he told me he didn't want to get too close to my nose so he could be in the "corner" so he could be closer to daddy! He's sooo dang cute and soooooo sweet to me!! I just LOVE be his mommy even when I can't do much with or for him!!

By the way, he had the BEST time with the babysitter yesterday and I expect the same when he gets home in about an hour!! He's adapting VERY well....me not so much!!

3 comments:

Momma Roar said...

He sounds like a cutie!!!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

What cute memories and moments with your little guy!

Hope you are adjusting to the babysitting situation better now. It is always harder on mommy :)

onemotherslove said...

So sweet! It's amazing how fast they grow, isn't it! (I'm just catching up on last week's TTT posts!)