Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tiny Tots Talk



Tiny Talk Tuesday celebrates our children and their view of the world. They continually make us laugh and by recording their Tiny Talk we can focus on one of the many JOYS of parenting!

If your kiddos made you laugh this week (don't they always), then feel free to share the humor!

Check out more Tiny Talks with Mary.




As I start preparing myself and the house for my surgery Thursday I am also talking to That Other Kid about some of the changes that will be occuring while I am recovering. It has brought about some interesting conversations....

me: After I get home from the doctor on Thursday mommy will not feel good for a while.

TOK: But why can't the doctor make you feel better while you are at "there"??

me: Well the doctor is making me feel better, but I will be sick for a while till I get ALL better. So I won't be able to pick you up and you can't hug my face or you might hurt me. You will have to be VERY gentle with mommy till I get all better.

TOK: Ok, but can I hurt you after you feel better??

me: (cracking up, of course) Well you are not supposed to hurt mommy anytime. You are supposed to treat girls and mommies nice and gentle ALL THE TIME!

TOK: Why?????

me: Because God wants you to.

TOK: Ok, but sometimes I want to hug you hard. I love you mommy and I need you!

See everything is a teaching moment when you have kids!!!

2 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh, I hope things go smoothly. Bless his little heart, "but I need you..." So sweet!

Happy TTT!

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

that is so cute! i can't wait until my boy can talk ;-)