Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Doctor's Report

I went to the Endocronologist this morning....and got some info that will help me feel better so that I can be a better mom, wife, and member of society.

First of all ... I lost 7 pounds since September 4th and he was very pleased about that. I am happy, but it's only about half my goal so I want to do better. That means hitting the gym more, and the fruits and veggies more. The couch, less!!

Secondly, I have a VERY BAD case of sleep apnea. It's so bad that I wake myself an average of 58 times an HOUR!!!! That means I'm getting VERY little REM sleep every night. I have to go back to the sleep study place and get a CPAP mask, which I will do a week from Friday night. Once I have this mask I will actually get a FULL night of sleep! I can hardly wait!! What will I feel like, after getting a REAL night of sleep??? A new woman, no doubt!

The doctor also informed me that I am VERY deficient in Vitamin D, which is also contributing to my tiredness. He gave me a prescription for a MEGA Vitamin D tablet and told me to "go outside"!! So we will be spending lots of time outside this fall, which will make That Other Kid so happy!!

My glucose levels were "a little high", but he told me as long as I continue eating better and exercising and losing weight those will come into line.

I go back in December and he will run another set of blood tests, to make sure things are going good and to see if I am feeling better after the sleep apnea is being treated.

I can't wait!! and hopefully by then I will weigh a lot less!! My goal for October is to work out 4 or 5 days a week and eat 30 grams of fiber per day, with lots of fruits and veggies, and very little JUNK!! If I accomplish theses goals then I should be able to lose between 10 and 15 pounds. 15 pounds is what I really want to lose per month, but I've been told that is kind of a lofty goal! We'll see....

So, my health is slowly improving....and I have some answers!! Yeah!!

How are you feeling?? Please tell me!!!!!!!!

No comments: