Thursday, October 16, 2008

In The Trenches....

Not literally, but that's the way I feel.

I've been sick this week with the cold/flu that dh so graciously gave me. As I said before, thanks for sharing, dh!

The first 2 weeks of October I ran errands and went to the doctor, or various activites every day, that kept me from exercising, except for 1 day out of 14. Last Monday afternoon I pinched a nerve in my back and that got me so out of whack that there were several days of the week I couldn't even move off the couch or bed without pain and I mean major pain. That got me down in the dumps....depressed.

In September I was really getting into exercise. Actually enjoying it....I know enjoy exercise scary, right?

This week I was planning to hit the gym running so to speak. I was going to meet my friend there and do her entire workout....which is tough, compared to mine! Then I woke up miserable. Achey, tired, stuffed nose....you get the idea!

I'm starting to feel pretty good...I would say I'm back to about 80%
of normal, so the plan is to start working out again next week. I'm looking forward to it and I know THAT OTHER KID is looking forward to it. He is sooooo bored at home. He has no one to play with, and all the kids in the neighborhood are older and in "real" school so there is no one to be wild with. He LOVES going to the gym. He gets to RUN, play games, play sports galore, and be with "friends"....kids he may or may not get to see on a regular basis, but he knows no stranger and everyone is a friend so it doesn't matter, EVERYONE is his friend!

So....this is my excuse for being in the trenches of life. I want to pull out of it! I want to get back to my new NORMAL, working out in the morning, coming home to a HEALTHY lunch, and taking care of chores, errands, and working with That Other Kid on his pre-school books. I also want to be available to help That Kid with his classes, should he actually need it.

I want to be healthy enough to be a benefit, not a hindrance to my kids and not feel that I am living in the trenches of life. I'm sure you understand what I am talking about if you are a mom, right??

No comments: