Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bizarre Thoughts From the Bathroom

I should save this post for Tuesday's edition of Tiny Talk, but I will probably forget it all by then and it probably won't be a funny then either!

Here's the scene...it's 9 p.m. on Sunday night and That Other Kid should be in bed asleep but alas as usual for children, it's time to go to bed, so it's time to delay it..."I think I need to poop, mom!" Ok, just get it done so you can go to bed, so I can exercise!

Next thing we know comes questions about a Star Wars episode that he watched with dh YESTERDAY! Don't ask me what it meant, Star Wars puts me to sleep! I do know the main characters and a few scenes but only because it has been a staple in my household for the past 25 years!

Then he moves on to talking about how OLD Star Wars (the original) is. "Star Wars is SOOOO OLD cuz dad watched it when he was like a child (only 11 years old) like just a little older than me and everyone knows that was ALONG TIME AGO!!" Then he transitions to telling us that "Tom and Jerry" is sooooooooooooooooooooooo very old and that he's surprised that shows that OLD could still be on tv...especially since we watched Tom and Jerry when we were 'just childs'!!

Amazing how 2 parents that are soooooooooooooo very old could parent a smarty pants little boy and survive the rigors of day to day living, huh?

No comments: