Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday




Tiny Talk Tuesday celebrates our children and their view of the world. They continually make us laugh and by recording their Tiny Talk we can focus on one of the many JOYS of parenting! If your kiddos made you laugh this week (don't they always), then feel free to share the humor! Check out more Tiny Talks with Mary.

We've had a pretty low key week this week as far as comments from That Other Kid but a couple have stood out in my mind. Money has been tight for us the past year, so just going to the store and buying "whatever we want" hasn't happened in a long time. Apparently, That Other Kid doesn't see it that way.

TOK: "Why won't you buy me that Star Wars Lego set? It only costs $100 and you have lots of hundreds of dollars. Daddy just got a bunch of them."(It was actually only 6 of them for a project he got to do over the weekend - PTL!)

Me: "Because we have bills to pay, rent to pay, gas to put in the truck, and groceries to buy."

TOK: "Why can't I have some of that money? I NEVER (with a very dramatic eye roll) get ANYTHING!! You ALWAYS get to buy whatever you want!"

Me: "Yes, I am buying what I want....a warm place to live, gas for the car, and groceries. You are going to get something too...You are going to get some food to eat, a nice warm place to sleep, and a mommy and daddy who love you."

TOK: "But I want legos!!"

Legos must be really cool if they rate higher than food, shelter, and gas for the car!!

The other day I was on the computer and TOK was bored so what did he do? He got out a math book and started working the problems in it! The book had a lot of double digit addition problems (he hasn't gotten that far along in math yet) but he was determined to solve the problems anyway!

He started adding the problems with his fingers, but they got too difficult to even do that, so he just started asking what the answers were!

TOK: "What is 12 + 15?"
Me: "27"

TOK: "What is 12 + 12? Oh, wait! I know what that is. It's 24, right?"
Me: "Yes, that's right. How did you know that?"
TOK: "I don't know...I guess I just have a good memory! Besides I'm kinda smart with math!"

Kinda humble, too!!

Enjoy those kiddos...

3 comments:

Sincerely Anna said...

Legos are more important than the necessities of life in our house, too!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

ha ha... love his humility! Looks like you have a math whiz on your hands.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh Legos...they are just everywhere..a little boys favorite for sure. It's tough not to have "the gimmies" :)

What a math whiz!

Happy TTT!