Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Confession Time AGAIN!!
Tuesdays are Confession Day over at the Sisterhood so let's get this over with. I have MUCH to confess this week. It has not been pretty and the scale indicated as much this morning when I hopped on to check the damage before weigh in. Maybe it will be nicer tomorrow...
1) Coke has invaded my drinking routine again. I have had more coke over the past 6 days than I have over the past 6 months combined. I don't even have a good reason...other than I have become BORED with drinking water and don't really like Iced Tea unless it is sweet! Kind of defeats the purpose of drinking tea if you have to have a bunch of sugar in it. May as well have coke which is what I did!! I did break the habit today....I have ONLY had water today...not enough of it, but at least that is all I have drank.
2) Potato chips have also found their way back into my snacking ritual! Why do I do this?? Now I am retaining water and feel bloated. I bought the chips for That Other Kid and I have had just as many as he has.
3) I fixed hamburgers tonight for dinner because dh wanted them. Guess what I served with them? You got it potato chips!! Bad mommy!! What happened to fruit and veggies with my meals? Um...don't know but they have not been very visible this week in my daily food intake.
4) We were without internet service for nearly 48 hours (Sunday afternoon till this afternoon) and I thought my head was going to explode from not being able to get online 20 million times a day! I did have my phone so I could check some things online but the screen is only about 2" x 2" and it's real hard to read anything other than basic emails!
5) WE (as in dh and I) have been frantically searching for employment. Saturday a friend told me of a lead at a Walmart about 30 minutes away. Yesterday I went down there and forced an interview, filled out paperwork, went down and got a drug test and today was OFFICIALLY hired! I will be working from 10 P.M. to 7 A.M., starting this weekend. I am a night owl but this is really going to be difficult to stay up ALL NIGHT, get enough sleep, spend time with That Other Kid and homeschool him. Not to mention exercise, care for the house, and all the other stuff moms usually do!
Where's the confession? I'm scared!! I scared that I will not be able to continue losing weight! I'm scared I won't be able to spend time with my son! I'm scared that I won't be able to handle working again, especially in a physically demanding area. I will be stocking shelves, unpacking boxes, etc. so I know that I will be moving all night long, but will I be able to stay active enough? Will I have enough self-control to not just sit there during my lunch break and eat junk/drink coke? Will I find a way to do it all??
Ok...so here's my confessions!! I know that I'm not alone, so that does make me feel better but I need to get a grip and get rid of the coke and chip habit again!! It's a good thing we have a new Challenge starting tomorrow. That will definitely be beneficial for me. I think I'm gonna need all the help I can get!! Prayers will be helpful, too!!