Monday, February 15, 2010

Just When I Think I Can't Go Another Day...

God shows up and makes me realize that HE will take care of me/us.

This weekend I checked online and found that the automatic debit that comes out of our bank account for our Toll Tag had debited $40. That took our account into overdraft status with the purchases that were made this weekend (gas and groceries).

DH has still has not found work. I have applied for work for nearly every place I can think of that I would be qualified to work at (which isn't much since there isn't a big demand for stay at home moms in the job market). That leaves us in a bad place again.

Fast forward to this morning....a friend emailed me and said she wanted to bring a book over to me that I had loaned her, but wouldn't be able to stay long. I told her it could wait till later in the week since she couldn't stay long. She said that was ok, she wanted to bring me something else, too. Ok...I would welcome her coming over even if it was a short visit.

She came over this afternoon, with my book and a check that her husband said to bring us. I started crying, even before seeing the amount. After she left I looked at the amount and really started crying! It is enough to pay our past due auto insurance payment, our cell phone bill and money for gas and groceries!!

Dh said "Thank God for friends!!" I say, AMEN!!

God is sooooooooooooooooo good to us!! All we have to do is believe!! I believe!!

3 comments:

audrey said...

This is wonderful! I am so happy for you!!!!

Brooke said...

Praise God! :)

Jay was reading a book about something similar this weekend. As an agnostic - he has trouble believing that God works this way.

So I broke it down to him like this - you believe there is a god who created the world right? So in his godliness, he's able to create something as small as an atom. He's able to create symbiotic relationships between animals. Complex ecosystems.

But he's not capable of giving you $20 when you ask for $20 to prove himself?

Glad that He wasn't late (as He never is) stepping up for you. *hugs*

Heather {Desperately Seeking Sanity} said...

i'm in tears. i needed to hear this.

you can tell your friend she's blessed more than just your family.

and if you haven't, call the bank and ask for forgiveness for the overdraft fees. most times, they'll waive them. :D

praying for you...