Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Addictions and Weightloss

Did you know that you can be addicted to COKE, and I'm not talking about the cocaine kind of COKE? I'm talking about the Coke you buy at the local fast food place, in the 12 ounce can at the store, or the vending machine. You see I have become addicted to that little can of caffeine loaded sugar water and I'm starting to have major withdrawals since I have started the new weightloss challenge. Cokes cost me 600 or more calories a day because a coke isn't a coke unless it is at least a 32 ounces, ya know! Right now I can't afford 600 or more extra calories, cuz you know I need real food like protein, fruits and veggies. How do you deal with your weaknesses? I think I need a nap....
but on the bright side I did exercise both yesterday and today. I rode the stationary bike at the gym and did some crunches, since my broken toe that should have healed a month ago is still somewhat sore, I have to use caution with my choices for exercises.
Well I'm off to get a piece of fruit and take a nap (oh wait that's my dream)... real life says I need to clean the kitchen and prepare some food for dinner.

3 comments:

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

Have you tried coke zero? Cherry Coke Zero was my FAVORITE drink before I got pregnant and started hating fake sugar. I had one at lunch every day and it got me pepped up to make it through the rest of the day.
Good luck with the diet! Its a killer! Those drinks sneak up on you. I was shocked - SHOCKED - when I started weight watchers and I realized how many points I was drinking every day!

Lisa said...

Hi Ann,

Thanks for stopping by my blog today...I'm glad you did.
I was just reading some of your posts, and I think we may have been separated at birth. The house, the coke, the needing the peace and quiet...we are definitley related!
Good luck with your weight loss journey...I recently lost over 30 lbs. and sadly, I drank half of it back on this summer, one super size coke at a time. I'm doing better now, trying to relose that 15 lbs., but every day is a struggle.
Let's encourage each other, ok?

Glad you found my blog, so that I could get to 'meet' you!
Have a great weekend!
Lisa

koinonia community said...

I was going to leave you a comment about my addiction to Coke Zero, then read girlymama's comment. I drink one every day, but keep them in the fridge in the garage so I have to walk outside to get one. I also drink more bottled water than I can make myself drink out of the tap - go figure.

I need to get on board too. I've gained 5 pounds over the summer (that's alot when you are shorter than 5'.

Keep me inspired!