Friday, September 14, 2007

Hockey Tournament


Well, my baby (you know that 17 year olds are still babies in their mommy's eyes) is, as I type, on a plane to Ohio for the first out of town hockey tournament of the season. The trip was planned with less than 1 month notice so I didn't get to attend this one. I'm kind of bummed, as I hate missing out on part of his life. However, I believe he is in good hands and he will be ok. This trip was designed as a boost to get the season off to a good start and also a team builder. There will be some stiff competition and they will have the opportunity to tour a College Campus, so it can be counted as a "college tour weekend" for those players that plan to go to college. It will be a good weekend, just kind of lonely without 1 of my boys here.
I know that God is with him wherever he travels and HE will protect him from all danger, whether in the air, on the ice rink, or in between.
If you get a chance please pray for his team this weekend. Thanks a bunch!


1 comment:

Girl Raised in the South said...

Isnt it hard to let go, even for a little bit. I cant tell you it ever gets much easier, but you do get used to it. xoxoxo