Thursday, September 6, 2007

School Days...

are keeping me busy. You see That Kid is a junior this year so I need to make sure I keep up on grading and record keeping this year, which I have not been very consistent with in past years. I was forced into it last year, since he played hockey for the local high school team. I did pretty good until the hockey season was over, then I slacked off again. Now it's time to catch up on past years as well as keep up with this year. So far.....so good. We have completed 1 full week of short days and 4 days of full days and I have graded AND recorded on Edu-track EVERY DAY! Ain't ya proud!!!
I am!!! and I guess that's all that matters, huh??

My consistency in taking care of school stuff is cutting into MY time after That Other Kid goes to bed, though so I haven't been able to blog or read blogs as much as I want, but that's ok my kids are more important than ME TIME. I have been squeezing some in here and there, just not much.

I also get to report that I have COOKED dinner 2 times this week. Now I know this sounds trivial, but for the past 3 months we have been eating out nearly every night and by eating out I mean, Sonic, Chick-fil-a, McDonalds, you get the idea. YUCK, I am soooo burned out on eating out that I am trying REAL hard to cook dinner. We can do sandwiches or such for lunch, but dinner needs to be REAL FOOD, prepared by ME, not some short order cook.....Let's pray I don't lose my motivation. We have burned soooooo much money this summer, too and that is a big motivator for cooking.
Do you cook? or do you eat out??? I'm curious, cuz we are all so busy these days it's hard to do it all.

2 comments:

koinonia community said...

Good for you, Ann. I am a cook. I love to cook. And I love to cook healthy, and unique stuff. And I am starting to bake Italian bread at least once a week. Added bonus - when you cook alot you can justify eating out occasionally at nicer places. Instead of fast food all the time, I pick something like Carrabas once every couple of weeks.

My kids are young, so I am not forced to keep great records yet. Good thing 'cause I only wrote 2 days worth this year! Manana, manana!!

Sarah said...

Hey Ann! I got your comment tonight and wanted to reply here, to make sure you'd see it. The service times Saturday are 5 p.m. and 6:30. Sunday's times are 10 a.m. and 11:30. There is childcare for birth-6th grade, so your 3 1/2 year old is covered! Be sure to arrive early enough to check in at the preschool--it's the long building behind the main building. Go in any set of doors in the preschool building, and you'll find check-in desks for first time visitors. They'll register your child, show you to the right room, and answer any questions you have. And depending when you come, I'll be there--Grayson is almost three, so he's in that building, too.

I'm excited you're thinking of coming; I hope you do! :)