Tuesday, September 11, 2007

God Is Good!!!!!!

Yes indeedy, He is. You know just this weekend I was complaining about how I have 'stinkin' thinkin' about many different aspects of my life. It's time for a change. I made some minor changes immediately, the most significant was to stop fighting/arguing with That Kid about the "crazy girlfriend" and just PRAY!!!! You know that thing God says to do when we want some change or something to happen in our life.



Well go figure, just last night That Kid came into our room at midnight and said, "I have something to tell you". Whenever, he does that it's serious! Well he sits down and says "Crazy Girlfriend and I broke up tonight. We realized it's not going to work out any more". My first reaction was to jump up and down and shout, but I contained myself, externally anyway! We talked more (for about 45 minutes) and I think the beginnings of getting my non-rebellious teenager back is here. Sooooo, THANK YOU GOD!!! and thanks to Sarah for telling me about the series at church.

1 comment:

Girl Raised in the South said...

Good for you that you were able to contain yourself when your son told you what youd been praying for. If you'd cheered he might have gone and grabbed that girl right back! Teenagers can be that way, better to just listen and listen and listen a bit more.