Thursday, September 20, 2007

Peace and Quiet

Do you ever just sit in your house and listen to the sounds of the air conditioner, computer keyboards clicking from typing and the noises the animals make? You should it is the most wonderful thing in the world after a noisy and busy day.
I'm getting one of the rare nights of peace and quiet. You see, That Other Kid is in bed sleeping, That Kid is working on a test for his job, dh is working in his office/master bedroom and I am just enjoying the peace. We usually have the tv on in the evenings; whether we are actually watching something or we have it on just for the noise, it is a rare night that is not on.
But, this week has been so busy and LOUD I decided I needed a night of peace. So the tv has been off since 8p.m. and I can't say I miss it. I will probably turn it on in a bit to catch the local evening news, but afterwards I'm going to turn it right off.
This is something God has been dealing with me on -- just sitting and enjoying the little moments of peace. They are from HIM and I WILL benefit from them.

I got an email from my friend today about supporting the National Breast Cancer Society by "clicking for mammograms". It's something I already do, but I'm going to try to put a link on my blog so you can do it if you don't already. This is to help pay for Mammograms for women who can't afford them. I am a BIG proponent of the Breast Cancer Society -- my grandma died of Breast Cancer, so it hits close to home. It is 1 of 2 annual tests I get done every year....see my other grandmother died of cervical/ovarian cancer. If you don't already get these 2 LOVELY tests done annually PLEASE start today! They could save your life.

No comments: