Thursday, November 8, 2007

Time to Give Thanks



Ummmmm...what do I have to be thankful for today. Let's see.....It was one of those kind of days. You know what I'm talking about....we all have them occasionally. Some of us, more than others.

That Other Kid woke up to use the bathroom at 6 a.m. Now normally this isn't a problem, he just goes right back to sleep. Not today though. He needed to discuss the life decisions of a 3 (almost 4) year old. Now in case you are a morning person, you won't understand this, but I AM SO NOT A MORNING PERSON.....and 6 a.m. is NOT a time to discuss anything with momma! Try 10 a.m and I'm more likely to respond.

By the time he was done discussing the life decisions "the sun is up, the moon is down" it's time to get up.....THANKS TO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME, OH YEAH! It's 6:20 a.m. and NOT time for momma to make an appearance. So.....I was wasted all day. I had a pile of laundry and various other such pleasant tasks to take care of today. Not to mention going to the dentist. Oh yeah!

I did go to the gym today and did a 30 minutes CORE class and I was only 5 minutes late!! (It started at 11 a.m.) Yes, I know what did I do for 5 hours -- I laid around on the couch trying to catch a few more zzzzzz's. I also did 30 minutes on the treadmill.....thank you very much!! That's the most I have done in a while at the gym. I expect I'll be paying for it tomorrow, but onward and downward.....with the weight, ya know.
So.....what am I thankful for today??? That Other Kid went to bed and sleep at 8:10 p.m.!!! That's a full 50 minutes before he normally goes to sleep. So I have had a few hours to vegg out and do some blogging and some laundry and some school grading!! Ah, a sleeping preschooler!!!!

No comments: