Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 3 and Day 4

I didn't write a post last night after my shred session...it was around 1 a.m. by the time I finished and needless to say I was EXHAUSTED!! But I did it...I had to skip out on some of the cardio exercises, I was coughing too much to keep it up.
I didn't do the WiiFit....that was just too much, too late in the day/night! Last night was a late night for That Other Kid who had a AWANA award program, so we didn't get home till AFTER his bedtime, then it took a sweet forever to get him to sleep. It was nearly 11 p.m. by the time he was sleeping... THEN I finally got to workout! Boy, did I need it!! I was tired, but I am dedicated to doing the entire 30 day program this time.

This morning I was still coughing up gunk and decided that it was time to go to the doctor...So I made an appointment with the GP. I figured I had a sinus infection, but just couldn't knock the cough. The GP checked my lungs, which had "little movement" in my lower right lung. She then wanted to do a breathing test, which I couldn't do....I started coughing too much. In fact I started coughing so hard I spit up/vomited up gunk. At that time she gave me a breathing treatment. Then she rechecked my lungs and informed me that it was better...but wanted to treat me for a "sinus induced asthma attack". Since that time I have not been coughing nearly as much.

I was actually able to do MOST of the DVD tonight without too many coughing fits! I didn't do all the jumping jacks, but I did do everything else. I was also able to do the WiiFit Hula, although the 2nd round of my 6 minutes I didn't do as well as I normally do, cuz I started coughing :((

I'm hoping that the 4 prescriptions the doctor gave me today will help me knock this stupid sinus gunk and I'll be good as new! I'm doing pretty good on the second round of this 30 Day Challenge, but I want to do EVEN better!!

Hope ya'll are doing well with the challenge!

No comments: