Saturday, May 30, 2009

Graduation -- Student #2





This is "Boo" and she is another special young lady to me. She graduated this past Saturday, May 23rd in a wonderful ceremony that made me cry. Once again let me start at the beginning....my beginning.

Boo and That Kid met in May of 2004 at the annual Six Flags Homeschool Day. Within a couple of months they were best of friends. It's hard to maintain a male/female friendship without weird stuff but they did a fabulous job of it. Fast forward a couple of years and I met Boo's mom. We also became fast friends sharing lots of mom secrets and learning how to raise teenagers together. About that same time I started getting to know Boo and I realized what it was that made That Kid have such a great friendship with her.

Boo is a sensitive, beautiful, intelligent, fun young lady. She was homeschooled from the 2nd or 3rd grade and attended college classes to help her with her more advanced courses once she turned 13 or so...She graduated from high school last weekend with over 30 college credits and will attend Abilene Christian College in the fall. She has many dreams for her future -- a few of which I'm aware of. I am convinced she could do any or even all of these things should she decide to pursue them, but her LOVE is baking and dancing!! I've seen her dance and it is a beautiful expression of her grace and I have tasted her baking talents and I have to say they are delectable!! and, of course, quiet fattening so I need to stay away from them for the most part right now, but I indulged last weekend and sampled several of the treats she prepared for the graduation ceremony.

Many people stereotype homeschool students into some kind of "nerdy" homebody that is not socialized and could not get around in the "real world" but I assure you that Boo is not one of "those" kinds of homeschooled students. Boo is a "normal" teenage young lady going through the "normal" types of struggles that most teens go through. She has tons of friends and is always with them bringing joy and her spontaneous, fun personality along with her. When it is all said and done and she graduates from college and strikes on her own I know that because of her zest for life she will come out on top doing whatever she sets her mind to do.

This is a young lady I am blessed to know. Boo is a special, young lady that I am glad That Kid met back in 2004...She is a part of my life...

Congrats to you "Boo"! May God grant you the desires of your heart and give you everything you want for your future. Remember that God made you special, so that you could do all the things you want!! You can do it!! I believe in you!!

I love you, Boo!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. I am printing this and putting it in her scrapbook. I love it. I feel so blessed to have you as a friend. Thank you!