Wow!! The Sisters are making me toot my own horn this week....that is not something I am real good at, but I don't want to let my sisters down so I have done my homework and found 5 ways to toot my own horn and tell ya'll "why I rock"!!
1) I have been married for more than 25 years to the same man! I married young and was told that when you marry young (19) you risk divorce within the first 5 years. Well I guess I beat the odds there...cuz this summer we will celebrate 26 years! I'm not saying it hasn't been a struggle at times, but when you make a committment to someone you need to hang tight and make it work!
2) Last year I graduated That Kid from our homeschool and sent him off to a Private Christian University. I homeschooled him all the way through from kindergarten. He attended some dual credit classes at the local community college as a senior and made A's in 3 of the 4 classes. He made a B in the 4th class. Not bad for a student who was a self-proclaimed "hater of school". He is now attending a university and has decided he wants to get his PHD in Psychology. Hum...I musta done something right, huh?!!
3) I have lost at least 40 pounds since my highest known weight of 229. I didn't really start counting my weight loss at that point, because I didn't really think it could happen without some surgical help. However, once I went to the doctor and he told me I needed to "do something" to get this weight off or I would be a diabetic soon I started working HARD to do just that!! I consider my starting point 226.8 because that is what I weighed on that day back in March of 2009. I have done it simply by cutting back on food intake and exercising! No pills, no surgery, just plain and simple HARD WORK!! I had been on high blood pressure medicine for over 5 years because of the excessive weight gain and NOW I'M NOT ON IT BECAUSE I HAVE LOST ENOUGH WEIGHT TO NOT NEED IT!! Yay Me!!
4) I normally have a very curvy figure...and now I seem to be getting it back. At least according to my husband!!
5) I am a good friend. I love to help others and serve them any way I can. Right now I am helping a friend (while she is out of town taking care of her in-laws) and taking care of her little boy during the day. I am also "trying" to homeschool him and That Other Kid at the same time, something that I am finding a bigger challenge than I thought it would be!
Thanks for making me look for ways I ROCK! I think it helps to have it in writing too. That way when I am down I can look at it and realize I'm not all bad!