Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday




Tiny Talk Tuesday celebrates our children and their view of the world. They continually make us laugh and by recording their Tiny Talk we can focus on one of the many JOYS of parenting! If your kiddos made you laugh this week (don't they always), then feel free to share the humor! Check out more Tiny Talks with Mary.

The past couple of weeks have been rather unusual for our household. Instead of having one 6 year old boy in the house, I have had 2 of them! One of my friends needed to go to Pennsylvania to help care for her ailing MIL and FIL. Our boys get along pretty well (for the most part) so he came over during the day to hang with us while dad worked and big brother did school. Some interesting conversations were heard between the two boys this week so I thought I would share with you. I also want to tell you that I am SO THANKFUL THAT GOD KNEW I COULDN'T HANDLE 2 young boys at the same time....that's why he decided to bless me with 2 boys, but seperated by 13 years!!

I will call our friends little boy "the lion"...if you knew them you would understand why...but that's all I'm saying about that!!

The Lion: "I don't want to play that with you, it's boring".
That Other Kid: "Ok, what do you want to play?"
The Lion: "Um...I think I want to play that with you. Maybe it will not be boring!"


During a rare time when I managed to get them to both work on school work at the same time this conversation was heard:

The Lion: "Handwriting is my mostest favorite thing to do for school."
That Other Kid: "Math is my bestest thing....cuz I'm good at it! I know what 6 times 9 is...it's 63!" (Of course he doesn't bother to tell his friend that he learned it by watching a tv show!)
The Lion: "I don't know what "time" is. My mom hasn't told me that yet!"

Both boys are extremely competitive and it was nearly the death of me over the past 2 weeks!

The Lion: "Ha, your mom is starting school with me first!!"
That Other Kid: "Why do you always start school with him first? I want to be first, cuz I am YOUR kid!"

Do you think I would have heard that from a kid in public school?? I think not!!

I love my friend and her kiddo, but I am so happy to have just 1 kiddo in my house today!!

1 comment:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

wow - that is a busy day!

Hopefully the TV show taught him the face correctly though :) LOL! Kids are so funny when they repeat things "above them"

Happy TTT!