Thursday, April 30, 2009

Some Good News

My dad called me this afternoon and told me he had "good news". I don't know about you but I can always use some good news in the middle of the afternoon, especially when it's wet, hot, and humid outside!

His "good news" was a letter from the VA Hospital informing him that his recent colonoscopy came back showing "NO SIGNS OF CANCER"!! Thank you, JESUS!!! God is so good to us!!

On to other news, last night/early this morning we had a incredible lightening and thunder storm. This storm woke That Other Kid, and it took me about 45 minutes to get him settled and back to sleep. About 45 minutes later he comes running, and crying into my room saying he had a "terrible nightmare". At this point all I wanted to do was sleep, so I said climb into bed with me and daddy and go back to sleep. Nothing bad can happen when you are with mom, ya know? I finally got him to sleep (of course he was crushing my arm), and we slept about another hour!!!

Since I didn't get enough sleep last night I have been tired all day and really didn't want to do anything today or tonight, but I managed to do my 30 Day Shred DVD, Day 5 of Level 3!! DH was shocked that I pushed through it...as tired as I was he figured I would bail....NO WAY!! I'm doing so good and I don't want to quit!!
I did my WiiFit Hula, too....not too good...not even 1300 spins and I almost dropped it 2 times, but I did make it through the whole 6 minutes.

Ya know, when I don't drink enough water throughout the day, I can really tell it now. My joints hurt during my exercise and I get a "stitch" in my side during the Hula, that absolutely makes me want to stop and cry! Just one more reason to drink more water!!

I'm doing pretty good with the "dairy challenge" this week. Yesterday I had all 3 servings....today one 2 servings, unless I decide to go get a "dairy" snack in a few minutes...not sure about that one, though.

Guess that's all for tonight...gonna go get some sleep!! I pray we don't have the storms tonight like last night!

No comments: